Lakresha: Madagascar Big Brim Crown Out Raffia Sun Hat
The Raffia Boutique
- Big Brim Sun Hat with a 7 inch Brim. Each hat is made out of eco friendly Raffia, a natural fiber and colored using eco-friend vegetbale based dyes.
- Fits head sizes of 59cm or smaller. Adjustable with a drawstring interior.
- Each raffia hat is made by hand in Madagascar by master artisans and imported into the United States.
- These hats are packable and can be folded when traveling. We recommend folding your hat only for short term storage while traveling and to keep in its natural form for long term storage.
- This Hat Can Be Spot Cleaned By Using Cold Water And A Clean Cloth, Do Not Use Any Chemical Detergent As This May Stain The Hat And Cause Discoloration. Light rain exposure is fine but do not allow hat to get soaking wet in heavy rains or you may have to reshape the hat due to it being made out of natural fibers.
A beautiful adjustable and shapeable lightweight purple raffia hat featuring a 7-inch brim that we weave by hand in Madagascar. Perfect for use as a sun hat during festival outings, church, beach trips, vacations, cruises, cookouts, while gardening, for the Kentucky Derby, or any other occasion where you want to wear a truly gorgeous hat while protecting yourself from the sun.
Crown Out: Features a crown out design that allows those with locs, braids, updos or other big hairstyles to wear the hat by pulling their hair through its center. Also enjoyed by those who love the fringes or prefer more of a visor style that allows more air to access the top of the head.
Size: Fits head sizes 59cm or smaller. Able to fit large and small head sizes due to the adjustable drawstring in its interior. This feature also allows you to tighten the hat to prevent it from being blown away on windy days.
Packable: Our big brim Madagascar raffia hats are packable and are folded easily for traveling.
Shapeable: Features a shapeable 7-inch brim that allows you to wear this raffia sun hat in a variety of different styles. Play with the brim to create your look. Wear it a different way every day!
Eco-Friendly: Crafted from natural Raffia and other renewable and sustainable raw materials utilizing a variety of energy saving techniques. All of the colorings on this hat were completed using a long-lasting vegetable-based dye. Its dual layer of fine woven Raffia allows the hat to offer UPF 50+/SPF 30+ sun protection. The hat was designed for when you will be outdoors for an extended period of time.
Care: This hat can be spot cleaned by using cold water and a clean cloth, do not use any chemical detergent as this may stain the hat and cause discoloration.
Durability: Hats are made out of natural fibers and colored with vegetable-based dyes. Over time hats may soften slightly & colors may fade slightly when exposed to direct sunlight for long extended periods. This is normal when using natural fibers & dyes.
Reshaping: Packing and handling may result in softening of this hat over time, if this happens you can use these steps to reshape your hat. When reshaping is required spray a little water on the hat and use a steam iron on a low to medium heat on the inside of the hat and lightly press being careful and not overpress, while the desired shape is achieved allow the hat to air dry completely away from the direct sunlight, this step will bring your hat back to shape.
|Edition||Each raffia sun hat is woven by hand by a local Malagasy artisan.|
Most in stock items ship in 0 to 5 business depending upon the shipping method selected during checkout. Large framed artwork requires an additional 1 to 5 days of processing time to allow for framing. All orders over $250 ship signature required. Pre-Orders, identified by a “Reserve Now” checkout button, can take 3 to 14 business days to process and ship. If there is an issue with your order we will notify you with 1 to 2 business days. For additional information please visit our: Shipping Policy